Forum Japon

[ S'enregistrer ]   [ Rechercher ]    [ Liste des Membres ]    [ Groupes d'utilisateurs ]   [ FAQ ]  
[ Connexion ]   [ Mes messages privés ]   [ Profil ]
Foreign residents who do not have government health insurance will not be able to renew their visas

Recherche Rapide :

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ForumJapon.com Index du Forum -> Life in Japan
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
remuka
7eme Dan
7eme Dan

Pays, Ville: Tokyo, Setagaya-ku

MessagePosté le: 03 Aoû 2009 04:06    Sujet du message: Foreign residents who do not have government health insurance will not be able to renew their visas

Note du Post : 4   Nombre d'avis : 1
Répondre en citant

Anybody heard about this? I hope this is just a rumor Confused

Citation:
The Japanese Diet has passed a new law requiring foreign residents to show proof of being enrolled with the government social or national insurance before their visas can be renewed. A high percentage of foreign teachers currently use private insurance schemes that are often cheaper and cover a higher percentage of health costs than government insurance does.

An additional problem is that those who join one of the government insurance schemes in order to renew their visas may have to pay a penalty of up to two years' of back payments. The new law takes effect in April 2010, and there is likely to be a lot of anxiety about this issue between now and then.
http://www.eltnews.com/news/archives/2009/07/foreign_residen_1.html
Shiro
3eme Dan
3eme Dan

Pays, Ville: Japon

MessagePosté le: 03 Aoû 2009 06:30    Sujet du message: Re: Foreign residents who do not have government health insurance will not be able to renew their visas

Ce message n'a pas encore été noté.
Répondre en citant

remuka a écrit:
I hope this is just a rumor Confused

I don't think so ! Wink

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fl20090728zg.html

New law : no dues, no visa. Enrollment in Japan's health insurance program tied to visa renewal from 2010.

I already talked about it here :

http://www.forumjapon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190358#190358
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
shikalover
5eme Dan
5eme Dan

Pays, Ville: Prypiat

MessagePosté le: 03 Aoû 2009 08:53    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

I read Shiro's article and I think I have to clarify the situation because Remuka's article can be misunderstood.
If you're enrolled in a shakai hoken (your company's health insurance) or the kokumin kenko hoken/nenkin (national health insurance), you are not concerned by this law.
Being enrolled in a shakai hoken is like being registered in the kokumin hoken but through the employer.

In Japan, all employers are supposed to register their employees in shakai hoken and cover at least 50% of the pension and health insurance amount. But some companies are "cheating", and this is how they do it:
Citation:
Unfortunately, many companies get away with hiring foreigners without enrolling them in pension and insurance plans because the SIA tends not to crack down on employers with uninsured workers unless certain standards are violated. For example, companies legally have to enroll part-timers if they have been working for the firm more than two months, but the SIA doesn't necessarily investigate unless an employee is working three-quarters of the hours of a full-time employee (30 hours in most cases). Some language schools get around this by counting only the lesson hours of their employees (28 hours per week maximum) and ignoring their preparation time, while others like Gaba Corp. claim their instructors are subcontractors, who are not eligible for benefits, rather than actual employees.

I think we should talk about that in french. I don't know if it's true or not (what about the permanent resident?) but everybody has to know.
remuka
7eme Dan
7eme Dan

Pays, Ville: Tokyo, Setagaya-ku

MessagePosté le: 03 Aoû 2009 09:12    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

shikalover a écrit:
In Japan, all employers are supposed to register their employees in shakai hoken and cover at least 50% of the pension and health insurance amount.
I think it depends of the number of employees. In my company we had the choice : shakai hoken + nenkin OR kokumin hoken.
shikalover
5eme Dan
5eme Dan

MessagePosté le: 03 Aoû 2009 09:39    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

I don't know anything about that, if it's legal or not.

My level is not good enough to read informations about that in japanese. I don't really see the difference between the shakai hoken and the Kokumin hoken. I think I'll go to the kuyakusho one day to ask them.

It took me 5 years to clearly understand how does the pension and health insurance system work in France, I'll need these 5 years to understand the japanese one...
Pied
Modérateur

Pays, Ville: Sendai, Kokubunchô

MessagePosté le: 03 Aoû 2009 12:27    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

remuka a écrit:
think it depends of the number of employees. In my company we had the choice : shakai hoken + nenkin OR kokumin hoken.

I'm currently in Nenkin AND kokumin kenkô hoken (though, being a student, I could obtain the right not to pay 14400 Y monthly for nenkin)

P!
shikalover
5eme Dan
5eme Dan

MessagePosté le: 14 Aoû 2009 11:34    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

I went to the kuyakusho yesterday and asked about that kokumin nenkin and kenkou hoken.

If you are enrolled in a shakai hoken (health and retirement), you do NOT need to enroll in the kokumin thing.
You have to enroll only if you're a student, a freelancer or if you're not enrolled in a shakai hoken.
If you're enrolled in your husband or wife's shakai hoken, you don't need to enroll too, that's obvious.

A company HAVE to register their employees in a shakai hoken and they have to pay at least 50% of the insurance amount. This means some companies pay all the expenses, some don't.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ForumJapon.com Index du Forum -> Life in Japan Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: