Forum Japon

[ S'enregistrer ]   [ Rechercher ]    [ Liste des Membres ]    [ Groupes d'utilisateurs ]   [ FAQ ]  
[ Connexion ]   [ Mes messages privés ]   [ Profil ]
Finding an apartment in Paris

Recherche Rapide :
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ForumJapon.com Index du Forum -> Life in France
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Un Japonais
Ceinture Blanche
Ceinture Blanche

MessagePosté le: 16 Oct 2005 20:33    Sujet du message: Waiting for the approval

Ce message n'a pas encore été noté.
Répondre en citant

Hello everyone,
Thanks for your advice earlier.
My wife and I have decided to pick one apartment near my work office and currently waiting for the approval (hopefully not reject...) from the owner company of the apartment.
We should have the feedback within this week (17-21 Octobre, 2005).
I will update you when I have the apartment.
Have a great week! Surprised
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Un Japonais
Ceinture Blanche
Ceinture Blanche

MessagePosté le: 09 Nov 2005 21:45    Sujet du message: Moved to our new apartment

Répondre en citant

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my slow update.

My family and I have moved to our new apartment near my work on Monday, 7th of November.
As I'm quite busy proceeding many administratives at the moment, I will try to tell you later what I think (learned) about finding apartment in/around Paris.

Once again, thank all for the great advice!
De ci de là
2eme Dan
2eme Dan

Pays, Ville: Bâle en Suisse

MessagePosté le: 09 Nov 2005 23:29    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

Hi Un Japonais,

It's nice to read from you Smile
Congratulations on finding an appartment in the City of Lights (and Burning Cars) !
I am looking forward to reading about your quest !
Un Japonais
Ceinture Blanche
Ceinture Blanche

MessagePosté le: 02 Juil 2006 19:07    Sujet du message: My current impression finding apartment in France

Note du Post : 3.5   Nombre d'avis : 2
Répondre en citant

Hi everyone,

So sorry for my super late update. I was so busy after I've moved to the new apartment but I would like to share what I've leaned from finding an apartment in France.
(Please be aware my experience might not be useful for you as I had a help from consultant ; )

Below are what I've felt from my experience.

1. The price of the rent

Hmmm, it might be wrong but I feel like it's almost the same or Paris is little bit more expensive compared even to Tokyo. But actually my apartment rent in Tokyo was bit cheaper compared to the average price and also now Japanese yen is so weak against Euro, so maybe it's not fair to blame price in Paris...

2. The price of buying apartment or house in / around Paris

I have also looked a bit of the price of buying real estates in / around Paris but it is really expensive. I don't have much knowledge of price of buying real estates in Tokyo, so I cannot be too sure again but according to my French colleagues, they say that the price of rent / buy apartments / houses in / around Paris increased like 1.5 to 2 times within these 10 years. As the price of real estates are decreasing in Tokyo nowadays, this makes me feel it is more tough situation in Paris. C'est la vie... ; )

3. What I've tried when I find apartment in France

- Not to hesitate to ask questions to anyone, anytime!
- Ask for advise to people around me as much as possible and gather maximum info
- Try to make the apartment owner feel that I'm a good customer (I'm not sure if I succeeded this or not...) and compare many apartments within a short period as owner usually don't wait for long time. Seeing many apartment is quite important as I really liked the one I visited very last and I'm happy that I did not pick ones I visited before...

4. What is the biggest difference between France and Japan when finding apartments?
- In France, owner or the apartment, or real estate agency will not treat customer as in Japan. In France, being customer is not a big advantage unless you are really rich. Sometimes it could be difficult to just contact the owners... So if possible, having help by professional apartment finding consultant (this was a huge help for me) or having someone who has connection with real estate or owners should be great. If I had to find an apartment by myself, without help by consultant, I cannot imagine how hard it could be.

I'm quite happy about my current apartment, but to tell you the truth, I feel that luck is still a big part which is important to find good apartment.

Once again, thank you so much to all your kind advise and sorry for my late response. Very Happy
Miska
Ceinture Blanche
Ceinture Blanche

MessagePosté le: 03 Juil 2006 12:04    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

i have seen in french news that Paris is the 15th more expensive city of world and tokyo is top 10 of the more expensive city of world. so i'm a bit suprise to see what you say... have you tryied to find a rent/buy around Paris ? (about 75Km further). Sad
Un Japonais
Ceinture Blanche
Ceinture Blanche

MessagePosté le: 04 Juil 2006 00:51    Sujet du message: Thanks for your info

Répondre en citant

I didn't know about the ranking of the living cost among different cities.
As I said before, I just expressed my impression and I was not talking about the real statics. But sorry for the confusion anyway.

It's the fact that either Paris or Tokyo is not cheap to live.

But I'm enjoying life in France. That's what is important! Thanks again for all the advise. Wink
cyankun
Ceinture Verte
Ceinture Verte

Pays, Ville: paris

MessagePosté le: 29 Mar 2008 10:03    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

here is a link which may be helpful to some people looking for accomodation,

- for our japanese friends in Paris: http://paris.en.craigslist.org/
then have a look to the 'housing' section.

you can find a apartment to rent for yourself or find a flatmate. I think it's pretty cool,

on the right you'll see you can do your house hunting in other french cities (well there are less ads though).

- for the french guys: http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/jp
for those who are not afraid to have some foreigners over and want a free accomodation in japan, you can try a 'home swap'.
remibagot
Ceinture Blanche
Ceinture Blanche

MessagePosté le: 12 Aoû 2008 10:45    Sujet du message:

Répondre en citant

I didn't know that Paris was so high on the "most expensive" city lists - but it is true. The prices of property for sale in France and especially in the Paris region are insane. If you want to live in the city center you really have to learn looooots of money and living in the banlieu is often a problem especially if you have a family and want your kids to visit good schools and to grow up in a safe neighbourhood.

Tokyo is not cheap either - but it is my dream to live there one day so I guess I have to overcome this obstacle somehow. Smile
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ForumJapon.com Index du Forum -> Life in France Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: