Forum Japon

[ S'enregistrer ]   [ Rechercher ]    [ Liste des Membres ]    [ Groupes d'utilisateurs ]   [ FAQ ]  
[ Connexion ]   [ Mes messages privés ]   [ Profil ]
Going home

Recherche Rapide :

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ForumJapon.com Index du Forum -> Life in Japan
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
eve
Modérateur

Pays, Ville: Tokyo

MessagePosté le: 10 Juil 2005 23:20    Sujet du message: Going home

Ce message n'a pas encore été noté.
Répondre en citant

Many people here have lived in Japan for one or several years, and have then come home for reasons or others. But sometimes you'll face more challenges at home than before going back, and things turn out to not be as easy as you'd think. After going through the hassle of the packing and paperwork, you go to the airport and sit in the plane back - but that's not where the story ends! Did you encounter any problems - physical or psychological - when going home? Have you experienced a reverse culture shock?

I'd like to hear everyone's experiences/advice/useful tips on the subject. courbette
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
jolan
3eme Dan
3eme Dan

Pays, Ville: Tokyo

MessagePosté le: 24 Juil 2005 02:33    Sujet du message:

Ce message n'a pas encore été noté.
Répondre en citant

Iwas kinda disapointed when I went back in France after one year in Japan and one month in Sweden, mainly because I had to realize that nothing really changed there (why would it had to anyway?). Fortunately my friends were there, but I have to admit that I missed Japan for quite a while, or should I say, the (quite comfortable) life I had in Japan, people I met etc. The thing is that many of them went back home too. The place I could find them is no longer Japan.

To be insulted by cleaning staff at Roissy airport was quite a shock compared to the staff who bowed while the plane was taking off at Sapporo...

Classical reverse cultural shocks in France usually deal with rudeness of people, inefficiency, stubborness etc. I didn't really experienced such things, maybe because I loved my life in Strasbourg. The only memorable thing I experienced was when I first went to Auchan to fill up my fridge : to see people struggling to buy things which were sold 50%off. To see so much people in such a big place, people waiting to pay, people bitching at each other... I felt like in a factory.

I only stayed 5 months before going back to Japan, so I think my reverse cultural shock experience was only superficial (moreover, my experience of Japan was only one year).
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ForumJapon.com Index du Forum -> Life in Japan Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: